Prefer to shop on TPT? Click here.
These high frequency heart word cards feature 163 irregular high frequency words mapped out so you can introduce and teach heart words more effectively.
Heart Words are exactly what you want if you're looking for effective high frequency word instruction. Teaching Heart Words will transform your sight word instruction and your students will thank you for it.
The Heart Word Method uses orthographic mapping to help students remember the parts of irregular words that do not follow rules. Phonetically regular parts of the word are decoded as normal, but the tricky parts of the word are explicitly taught. This is the part they will learn 'by heart'.
These cards are organized by skill but are fully editable. You can also print them for your students to use as flashcards in centers or when working on other high frequency word activities. There is no prep involved to use these so they're easy to add to your routine!
Included in this High Frequency Heart Words Cards:
- 163 printable flashcards for irregular high frequency words
- 163 slides displaying mapped out irregular high frequency words (Google & Power Point)
- Fully mapped words, broken up by phoneme with pronunciation displayed below each phoneme
- Heart displayed below irregular part of the word
- Example routine for introducing and teaching irregular high frequency words
- An instructional guide to using this resource
- Links to more resources to help with teaching high frequency words
Check out the Heart Words Bundle for heart words mapping worksheets.
This is a digital product. Nothing physical will ship.