Prefer to shop on TPT? Click here.
These heart word foldable books feature 163 irregular high frequency words so you can teach heart words more effectively.
Heart Words are exactly what you want if you're looking for effective high frequency word instruction. Teaching Heart Words will transform your sight word instruction and your students will thank you for it.
The Heart Word Method uses orthographic mapping to help students remember the parts of irregular words that do not follow rules. Phonetically regular parts of the word are decoded as normal, but the tricky parts of the word are explicitly taught. This is the part they will learn 'by heart'.
These foldable books are organized by skill. There is no prep involved to use these so they're easy to add to your routine! Simply print, fold, and complete. These make great independent activities.
Included in this Heart Words Foldable Books:
- 163 foldable books for irregular high frequency words
- Activities for each word include: read, segment, sound boxes, write 3 times
- Heart displayed below irregular part of the word
- Example routine for introducing and teaching irregular high frequency words
- An instructional guide to using this resource
- Links to more resources to help with teaching high frequency words
Check out the Heart Words Bundle for heart words mapping worksheets.