Prefer to shop on TPT? Click here.
This editable Heart Words template is perfect for using the Heart Word Method along with your curriculum. Create Heart Word Mapping worksheets with any word that has up to 5 sounds.
The Heart Word Method uses orthographic mapping to help students remember the parts of irregular words that do not follow rules. Phonetically regular parts of the word are decoded as normal, but the tricky parts of the word are explicitly taught. This is the part they will learn 'by heart'.
This is a low prep resource that uses best teaching practices for sight word instruction. Use these when introducing and teaching sight words, at centers, or for homework. Simply edit the sight word and phonemes, print out the worksheet, follow the lesson guide, and watch your students learn high frequency words with ease!
Included in this Editable Heart Words Mapping:
- 5 editable and printable heart word mapping worksheets for words with up to 5 sounds
- Video tutorial showing you exactly how to edit and print these sheets
- Step-by-step Heart Words routine for introducing and teaching sight words
- An instructional guide to using this resource
- Links to more resources to help with teaching high frequency words