Prefer to shop on TPT? Click here.
This word mapping template is perfect for incorporating phoneme grapheme mapping into your phonics lessons.
Orthographic mapping is how words become sight words, aka words we instantly recognize. It's not a process you do physically, as it's a mental process that happens naturally or through explicit instruction. This resource walks you through phoneme grapheme mapping any word that has 2, 3, 4, or 5 sounds.
This is a no prep resource that can be used to teach spelling words, sight words, or regular phonics patterns. Simply print the template you want to use, follow the lesson guide, and watch your students' reading and spelling improve!
Included in this Orthographic Mapping:
- 4 printable phoneme grapheme mapping worksheets for words 2 to 5 sounds
- Video tutorial showing you exactly how to use this template
- Step-by-step instructions for using this template
- An instructional guide to using this resource
- Definitions explained
- Links to more resources
- Teaching slides (Google Slides) with video tutorial
This is a digital product. Nothing physical will ship.