Prefer to shop on TPT? Click here.
Long vowel u worksheets for word work! These 16 activities help students practice the most common long vowel u spelling patterns: u, u_e, oo, ue, ui, and ew. Spelling patterns eu and ou are also included but are not the main focus of any of the activities.
The activities include isolated practice for each of the 5 main spelling patterns and mixed reviews with all spelling patterns for long u words. Most of these activities are independent and can be used in literacy centers or for homework.
Also included are several reference sheets to help students understand the different spelling generalizations for the long u sound, and a long u words master list.
- Long u words list
- Posters/reference sheets with spelling generalizations
- Word sorts
- Word cards
- Picture cards in color & black and white
- Word Mapping - 5 worksheets
- Word chains - 1 worksheet
- Circle the word - 1 worksheet on finding the correct spelling of the word
- Mystery Words - 2 worksheets
- Spin, Read, & Write - 1 activity mat with 2 recording sheets
- Roll, Read, & Write - 1 activity mat
- Long U Race board game mat
- Answer keys for worksheets
This file also includes a clickable table of contents and suggestions on using these resources.
This resource is included in the Long Vowels Bundle.