Prefer to shop on TPT? Click here.
Long vowel e activities for word work! These 16 activities help students practice the most common long vowel e spelling patterns: e, y, ee, ea. Spelling patterns e_e, ei, ie, and ey are also included but are not the main focus of any of the activities.
The activities include isolated practice for each of the 4 main spelling patterns and mixed reviews with all spelling patterns for long e words. Most of these activities are independent and can be used in literacy centers or for homework.
Also included are several reference sheets to help students understand the different spelling generalizations for the long e sound, and a long e words master list.
- Long e words list
- Posters/reference sheets with spelling generalizations
- Word sorts
- Word cards
- Picture cards in color & black and white
- Word Mapping - 4 worksheets
- Word chains - 2 worksheets
- Circle the word - 1 worksheet on finding the correct spelling of the word
- Mystery Words - 2 worksheets
- Spin, Read, & Write - 1 activity mat with 2 recording sheets
- Roll, Read, & Write - 1 activity mat
- Long E Race board game mat
- Answer keys for worksheets
Digital Google slides:
- 25 slides
- Word sorts by spelling pattern
- Dump the word - find the word that doesn't belong
- Circle the word - find the correct spelling of the word
- Add the sounds - add the letters to complete the spelling of the word
- A video tutorial on how to use the digital slides
This file also includes a clickable table of contents and suggestions on using these resources.
This resource is included in the Long Vowels Bundle.
This is a digital product. Nothing physical will ship.