Prefer to shop on TPT? Click here.
Heart Words are exactly what you want if you're looking for effective high frequency word instruction. Teaching Heart Words will transform your sight word instruction and your students will thank you for it.
The Heart Word Method uses orthographic mapping to help students remember the parts of irregular words that do not follow rules. Phonetically regular parts of the word are decoded as normal, but the tricky parts of the word are explicitly taught. This is the part they will learn 'by heart'.
This is a no prep resource that uses best teaching practices for sight word instruction. Use these when introducing and teaching sight words, at centers, or for homework. Simply print out the worksheet, follow the lesson guide, and watch your students learn these sight words with ease!
Included in this Heart Words - Dolch Pre-Primer Worksheets:
- 40 printable worksheets for Dolch words 1-40
- Clickable sight words list to jump to the page
- Step-by-step Heart Words routine for introducing and teaching sight words
- An instructional guide to using this resource
- Links to more resources to help with teaching high frequency words